If you are interested in learning more about specific learning disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), nonverbal learning disability (NVLD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), second language learning, executive functioning, fetal alcohol effects/syndrome, challenging behaviors, and emotional well being or simply want to improve your services in mental health and/or neurodevelopmental disorders/academic challenges don’t hesitate to call me. The most effective method is by offering presentations.
My workshops support professionals, parents, teachers, childcare providers, and others towards building their knowledge and their existing skill set. My experience in the public and private school sectors, as well as my work with diverse populations, including Canada’s First Nations Communities, provides me with an insight that strongly reflects the realities of certain populations.
Whether you are interested in a specific topic, want to learn how to improve assessment outcomes, or how to better treat specific disorders, my workshops are tailor made to meet your unique needs and training purposes. These workshops are research based training opportunities for conferences, professional development days, stand alone presentations or in house training. It will be my pleasure to discuss this opportunity with you in order to meet your unique objectives and needs.
Please find below a list of some of the topics/workshops that were offered:
- What Does Everybody Else Know that I Don’t? Understanding ADHD, LD, NVLD, Mild ASD and Interventions to Help Build Social Competence. E. Shoiry & co-presenter, MCLD Parent Conference: Toolbox for Success, 2016
- Beyond ADHD Medication: Understanding Executive Functioning in the Classroom. SWLSB Engage All Conference, 2015.
- Towards An Understanding of Psychoeducational Evaluations. An Aldi/LEARN Web Event: February, 2015
- Living with ADHD. SWLSB SEAC Conference, 2013
- The Dyslexic Brain. AQETA/LDAQ Chapter 1, 2013
- Living with ADHD: Strategies and Technologies. PANDA Basses Laurentides Sud Ouest, 2013
- New Assistive Technologies for the Student with Learning Disabilities. E. Shoiry & co-presenter , State University of New York (SUNY), Plattsburgh, New York, 2012
- There’s A Special App for That: New Assistive Technologies for the Student with Learning Disabilities. Congres de l’AQETA, 2011. E. Shoiry & co-presenter.
- Support for Special Needs Students: Achieving Success. Ormetz Agency: January, 2010
- A Pathway to Success: The IEP for students with ADHD, LD and/or Asperger’s Syndrome, LDAQ, 2010.
- Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder. SWLSB, 2006. E. Shoiry & co-presenters.
- Identifying Learning Disabilities and ADHD: Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment. SWLSB Parent presentation, 2006